FULL FACTS, bonus video and INFO YOU NEED TO KNOW about the Daniel Barden Mudfest!
Daniel Barden Mudfest is taking place on Saturday, April 30th at MKJ Farms in Deansboro, NY. The event will feature a 5K Mud Run, 5 Mile Timed Mud Run, and a ½ Mile Kids Fun Run. The Mudfest is named after Daniel Barden, one of the first graders killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012.
The Made In Utica team took a visit to the farm to preview the challenges and learn more.
FAQ’s / COMMON CONCERNS:
- Why would I do THAT? It’s a charity. It’s a challenge. Get outside, get physical and finish with a party.
- Do I need to be able to run a 5k? Not really. It’s not a regular road race. It’s loaded with obstacles, and there’s plenty of people walking in between.
- What if I can’t do an obstacle / I run slow / I get tired? This isn’t about your time. Actually, it’s UN-timed. And it’s definitely not about finishing first. It’s just about doing it! You can skip an obstacle and no one will look at you funny. More likely, the people around you will offer you a hand to help you complete it. Take your time, the victory is simply in crossing the finish line.
- What would I wear? Funny outfits, unique items make you stand out from the mud. OLD sneakers, OLD clothes. Definitely dri-fit! And take it from experience – duct tape your sneakers to your feet. The LAST thing you want is to lose a sneaker in the mud pit.
- What else would I bring? Bring plenty of garbage bags, towels, change of clothes and shoes. And bring some friends and fans to cheer you on at the finish line and party afterwards with.
- Are there showers? Yes and they are HOT!
- What if I want MORE of a challenge? You’re crazy, but you can sign up for a timed 5 mile elite run with more difficult obstacles.
- Are kids allowed? Yup – there’s a couple fleets of kids runs.
- Ok I’m in. How do I register? Head over to https://www.bardenmudfest.org/! You can register up through race day, but don’t wait. Just Do It.